Sunday, March 2, 2008

What is taking me so long?

I had hoped to have posted a lot more material to this blog by now, but in the interest of being as accurate as possible I have been reading more deeply about the underpinnings of the Semantic Web, and the more I read, the less I feel that I know the material well enough to blog about it credibly, causing me to read more, in a vicious cycle. But, I am making progress and I should begin to post more shortly.

Just to give you a feel for how deep this journey is taking me, take a look at my current placeholder for a Semantic Web glossary. I still need to understand the Semantic Web at a much deeper level before adding definitions for all of these terms, but the list already has 172 terms, acronyms, and key phrases, and I am just getting started.

As if I didn't already know, the Semantic Abyss is indeed quite deep. In some ways it is even deeper than I had imagined, but I do suspect that there are plenty of "shallows" and shortcuts that can and do enable some degree of practical alignment between the Semantic Web and the real world.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home